Inspected Once! Inspected Right!
Pre Purchase Consultations
WETT Certification Number: 9491
Your Trust is my Foundation
I follow NAHI's Standards of Practice to ensure a trusting relationship with my clients.
I cover the following areas
Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes, Cobourg, Port Hope, Durham, Port Perry, Bowmanville, Buckhorn, Apsley, Norwood, Havelock, Marmora, Little Britain, Clarington, Brighton, Lindsay, Cannington, Madoc, and Trenton.
My name is Kevin Carey, owner of Common Sense Home Inspections INC. I have been in business since 2010, a licensed home inspector through Carson Dunlop. . I am also WETT Certified for inspecting wood burning appliances by WETT Inc. – Official number 9491. I am fully insured with General Liability as well as Errors and Omission coverage.
My experience includes constructing homes with Viceroy, sub-contracting and laboring of private builds. I also complete sub-contracting work for Northern Wood Heat Consultants on chimney repairs, wood burning appliance installations and insurance claims. I personally do every home inspection and ensure you aware of any deficiencies, defects and provide routine maintenance tips to keep your home safe and sound. Thank you for considering Common Sense Home Inspections.
- A thorough visual inspection of all major components of the property
- Clients are advised to attend, I am working for YOU
- Demonstrates to buyers the owners and agent are serious and want a smooth transaction
- Speeds process by eliminating need for purchase inspection conditions
- Eliminates surprises after offer is accepted
- Required for any wood burning appliance by all Insurance Companies
- Visual and operational (if applicable) inspection of the Foundation, Heating, Electrical/Plumbing and Roof/Attic
- Available for a walk through prior to submitting an offer to purchase
- Will inspect one or more major components prior to submitting offers
- A complete Pre Possession Inspection with all required documentation as required by the TARION warranty program
- Ensure all areas and components of the contract are completed as per purchase and construction agreement
He clearly was working for me, took the time to answer all questions and ensured I had all of the information that my insurance company had requested. I advised my Real Estate Agent how helpful the inspection was prior to purchasing, would recommend Kevin to anyone requiring a Professional non biased inspection."
Kevin is readily available and extremely reliable to get the inspection completed within certain time frames.
His professional manner and abilities is respected and very much appreciated by not only me, but with my colleagues and corporation of Allstate insurance of Canada. It’s a pleasure working with Kevin and I always look forward to doing business with him